Monday, June 29, 2009

H-too-Oh.

Crazy Hot this afternoon, weyh ! Could'a cried in my mum's car when I got in after lunch T_T. Melissa'sawuss! Anyway. Whenever it's hot, I think, nothing can top an afternoon in your room with the A/C turned on a cup of iced tea/milo/[right now I'm having..] Fresh Aloe' with Honey (: Or, a cup of chilled water would do just fine,too no?





Meh. But right, being a stupid-moronic-idiot I am, I take more than what I usually can consume. Usually my cup would be full and I would only finish HALF of it. This morning, I filled my water bottle with water. Brought to school but I didn't drink much. [I don't know why either T_T] And a few times I kept staring at my bottle and thought about the kids that DON'T have enough of water. And thinking how far they would go to have that much of water from my bottle everyday. Just one would do for them. And here I am, pouring it into my kitchen sink after school.

Key Challenges
The greatest challenge lies in building competent, efficient, business-like, and service-oriented institutions. Sustainable service provision is only possible where customers themselves cover the costs of operation and maintenance; capital cost recovery is not always possible, but often requires predictable public subsidies.

More than 1.1 billion people lack access to safe water, and 2.6 billion lack access to basic sanitation.Millenium Development Goals(MDGs) include a target to halve the fraction of the world’s population without access to water and sanitation by 2015. The world is roughly on course to reach the target for water supply, but will fall short by half a billion people in sanitation.





Finance is short: estimated investment towards the WSS MDGs, at $15 billion a year, is only half what is needed to meet the MDG targets, even without sewage treatment. Other major constraints on expanding access include political instability, corruption, social dislocation through urban migration, and population growth. For example, the number of people with access to basic sanitation grew by half from 1990 to 2004, but the number without sanitation remained essentially the same, because of population growth.







No comments:

Post a Comment