Friday, July 3, 2009

When it creeps up inside you and slowly eats you

I saw my uncle today. He's my Godfather,really. And just a few months back we've just learned that he's been diagnosed with lung and colon cancer. We thought he could go for some treatment to get rid of it. But during the check up, even before, it's already too late. He was at the final stage of cancer. All he's doing now is waiting. Waiting patiently for his time.

When I saw him, he looked so ill. So upset. So soft. So helpless. He was so thin. He looked so fragile. He carries cane with him now. His shirt looked like an XL on him now. When I walked over to say hi, he manage to say hi and smiled back.

I don't know how his kids would take things into their hands once he leaves us. Since they're still young. All I can offer now are prayers. Pray he'll be in a better place. Happier, in fact. I'm sure gonna miss his jokes.

One Ice Cream without sugar.

We'll miss you dearly,papa.



No comments:

Post a Comment